Ads in comic books! No, not the ad for the World Wide News book by Cory!! you can get from firstname.lastname@example.org for $10, but the ones in comics! Were they all just ads for crap? OF COURSE THEY WERE! Joe and Cory!! discuss the ads in comics, things they mailed away for, What did Joe mail away for? Why did Joe’s Sea Monkeys never come to life? There are all sorts of things they talk about when it comes to comic book ads.
They review the first trade paperback of Scooby Apocalypse as the reviews return!
They also discuss:
- Cory!! gives more origin stories of the MCBA ComiCons
- How the creators behind “Omaha The Cat Dancer” would make money when comic sales weren’t doing that well.
- A friend who as addicted to the crap you could to mail away for from comics
- Squirrel monkeys, IN THE MAIL!
- Wolfman Jack!
- The comic book contests and why we don’t know who won them
- Marvel Mart
- Bernie Wrightson has retired
- Dan Spiegle passed away
All of this, the usual shenanigans and the proverbial much, much more!
OH, AND SOMEONE DID A REVIEW OF CORY!!’S BOOK! WOO-HOOO!!!