We got interrupted last week, so we’re going to go BACK to that idea:
Back in 1984, DC made an overture to Marvel to have Marvel become the publisher for the DC comics characters. Marvel eventually turned it down due to concerns about being seen as a monopoly, but instead, in OUR podcast, what would WE have done if we were in charge of Marvel to start the DC Universe as a part of Marvel publishing in 1986! Cory!! and Joe go over their ideas including:
- Having Secret Wars be a part of the integration
- How would this have changed Crisis on Infinite Earths
- Joe and Cory!! disagree about how to handle the time after Marvel starts publishing DC
- Did the previous crossovers between Marvel and DC “Happen” in this new multiverse?
- What is the fundamental difference between Marvel and DC?
- How would new pitches be brought in to the combined company?
All of this, the usual shenanigans and much, much more!!