After reading the most recent Brian Hibbs column about how comic shops deal with Creator Owned comics, Joe, Cory!! and Jin Wicked have their OWN discussion about creator own comics both selling them and creating them. Retailers have to live on books coming out on time and creator owned books tend to come out a bit less regularly. And by less regularly we mean the creator finally gets around to putting out the book when they get all caught up on their binge watching of TV shows and recovering from convention hangovers.
We are just kidding!
Spoiler alert: No. We aren’t.
- They also review the comic Ghoul Scouts!
- How Joe treated creator owned comics in the 90’s.
- The problems with creating a new distribution system in today’s comics market.
- NONE OF US REMEMBER THAT OUR REVIEW SCALE IS BUY, BORROW OR IGNORE. Because we’re messed up.
- Joe gets his historical information from a comedy site. No, really.
- Cory!! discusses how people asking for their rights as creators could get them fired.
- Jin discusses how when she was putting things out regularly, it grew rapidly
- Jin is confused about the Creator’s Bill of Rights because everything on it is pretty much standard practice for the type of comics she creates and doesn’t know of a time when Creator’s Rights were in questions.
All of this, the usual shenanigans and the usual much, much more!