Cory!! Strode and his niece Mindi Hahn discuss their mutual love of The Doctor, how they each discovered him and what they thought of the current season.
Monthly Archives: November 2014
Joe and Cory!! Continue to go through Previews as if they are placing an order for a comic shop, debating what to put on the shelf, discussing why shops order the way they do and other things, such as:
- Dealing with DC
- Variant covers from DC and how they can be almost impossible for shops to deal with.
- Do we group books by Family and why?
- The state of Vertigo
- DC’s non-comics Direct Market items.
- IDW and their odd media tie ins
- MORE about variant covers
- Knowing your customers
All of the, the usual shenanigans and the proverbial Much Much more!
A follow up to Episode #150 – Joe and Cory!! go through the most recent Previews as if they were ordering comics for a modern comic shop. They go through how they would decide what to order, what role history has in orders and how comic shop owners decide what to order and how MUCH to order! They also discuss:
- Budgeting and different ways a comic shop can set their product costs
- Dealing with Adult Comics
- How to order Previews magazine for the shop
- What to do with mini-series issues that didn’t sell.
- Why does store inventory cost a shop money
- Their thoughts on Elfquest
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer’s Birthday party
All of this, the usual shenanigans and much, much more!
In this episode, Cory interviews web comics artist Jin Wicked. They discuss her two comics strips, the business of webcomic strips, her art process and much more! You can see her art at http://comics.jinwicked.com/
Artist Patrick McEvoy joins Josh Finney, Kat Rocha and Cory as we continue the discussion on bringing World War Kaiju to market.
World War Kaiju gallery on Deviantart: http://patrickmcevoy.deviantart.com/gallery/30639956/World-War-Kaiju
Strange Cases (the new series Josh and I are working on) teaser on Deviantart: http://patrickmcevoy.deviantart.com/art/Chase-scene-Pickman-s-Model-485948830
And 01 Publishing is at: http://01publishing.com/
Cory and Joe both were too busy to go through Previews for their “What would you order!” episode, so instead, they go back to 1996 to go through an August invoice and discuss the comics that came out that month as well as stories about the comics discussed. Some of the things that come up are:
- Mail order companies that fed off of the investment craze
- Cory’s feelings toward Image at the time
- A Spider-Man intercompany crossover Cory doesn’t remember at ALL
- DC’s Helix line
- A discussion of Milestone comics
- A discussion of DC’s Hitman series
- Joe and Cory spitball the greatest comic book team up in history!
- What was up with Marvel?
And much, MUCH more in this over-sized episode!
As we start, Joe has given up because EVERYTHING ENDS!! They go into talking about the upcoming Secret Wars, past crossovers and what would happen if Marvel were to do a reboot. The discussion for the night is: Does Marvel need to fix their continuity like DC has done a few times in the past? They also discuss:
- ANOTHER discussion of crossovers, mostly the ones that are not being teased as part of the Secret Wars
- Catching up on Spider-Verse
- The problem with trying to fill-in the time gap caused by Marvel’s “15 year history” solution
- The creative differences between Marvel and DC currently
- Should DC Reboot again?
- What’s great about long-time planning in super-hero stories
- Freaking and geeking
All of this, the usual shenanigans and the proverbial much, much more!
A return of Josh Finney and Kat Rocha of 01 Publishing. We discuss their book World War Kaiju and the birth of 01 Publishing. The discussion gets into how Kickstarter works and doesn’t work, the journey to bring the book to market, as well as their other projects along! Listen to this episode and visit them at 01 Publishing!
Joe thinks he is dying as we begin, but thankfully he gets better and we don’t have to ship him off to Fort Lee New Jersey. Since they don’t have any topics, Cory tells a story about his work the day this was recorder and this leads to discussing:
- Times when Joe got annoyed or angry with customers
- Cory talks about how when he worked at Shinder’s, they had an odd definition about Hard Core Pornography
- Joe discusses the “Breaking Bad” action figure controversy
- Joe discusses other action figures that became controversial
- Freaking and Geeking
All of this, the usual shenanigans and the proverbial Much Much more!!