In this episode, Cory!! Interviews comic book colorist Stephanie Cofell. Stephanie discusses her love of comics at an early age, breaking into the business, what comic book coloring entails as well as her work toward making her community a better place. You can visit the Open Mike night she discusses at http://www.thelocalblend.net/
Monthly Archives: January 2015
It’s a special episode about Star Wars #1, so of course, Joe and Cory talk about gluten. They also answer a letter from a listened who is asking about comics in libraries. Lots of stuff on what a library should do to bring in people using super-heroes and comic books as a draw,
Get it? Comics? Draw?
They also discuss:
- Star Wars #1 is out! How was it?
- How should shops deal with the endless variants?
- How are the different variants selling on eBay?
- What are retailers saying?
- Was the Extended Universe new reader friendly?
- How long did Joe and Cory read the original Marvel Star Wars
- Star Wars at Marvel the first time
- A new feature: Oh My God, The 90’s
- Freaking and Geeking
All of this, the usual shenanigans and much, much more!
Cory and Joe welcome a new sponsor, http://karepax.com/!
They also discuss what they are ordering in the new Previews…but you know Joe will pull the show off topic endlessly. And, they talk about the worst panel in professional comics EVER: http://www.the-isb.com/?p=980
It’s fun, it’s weird and they talk comics…so it’s pretty much like all 175 other episodes.
The second part of Cory!! and Joe talking Vertigo as they go over their five favorite Vertigo books or series, and the Freaking and Geeking they normally do. It’s the second half, so you know that’s where all of the fun stuff is!
You know how I write a whole bunch of stuff here to entire you to listen to the episode? Yeah, I was listening too closely and didn’t take notes, so you know this one is good. Cory!! and Joe talk about Vertigo, the start, how it sold, and what they thought of the different offerings. And all fo the usual yadda yadda yadda. Just listen, OK?
Cory goes into Jack Kirby’s move to DC from Marvel in 1970, including what his ideas were, the plans he had for new concepts, magazines and comics and goes into detail on The New Gods.
Joe is recovering from New Year’s Eve and Cory has figured out why the New 52 doesn’t work for him. Joe decides they need to talk about what they hope to accomplish in 2015. They start the year discussing:
- White Castle
- TV Shows they have done more episodes than
- Cory and Joe bottom feeding at comic shops closing
- Stuff they are looking forward to reading in 2015
- Cory discusses how he got into comics history
- Joe and Cory talk about why Silver Age Marvel reads better than Silver Age DC
- Joe tells a story of his radio days
- Geeking and freaking
All of this and the usual shenanigans. Download it, it’s better than that other podcast!