We have learned of the passing of comics legend Steve Ditko, and Cory!! and Joe discuss the work of this Hall of Fame artist. They discuss his career, his style, his philosophy, his legacy, the pantheon of characters he created and their favorite stories by “Sturdy” Steve Ditko!
Monthly Archives: July 2018
Harlan Ellison passed away, and Joe and Cory!! are both fans. We discuss his career in comics, fiction and other places. Then, they discuss is a creator/artist is a jerk, can you still enjoy their work? They discuss all of this and:
- What do you leave out for Captain America on the 4th of July?
- Harlan Ellison’s Marvel comics
- Harlan Ellison’s Batman story…
- How Harlan promoted his comic book on the Tom Snyder talk show
- What happened when Cory!! went to Wal Mart?
All of this, the usual shenanigans and the proverbial much, much more! AND, we have a post credits scene!!!!
Cory!! slacked on coming up with a theme for the episode, so for the first time in ages, it’s just comic talk. Cory!! and Joe talk about:
- Wal-Mart 100 page comics
- Why did people at Shinder’s call old comics “cheese”?
- Previous “big thick comics” that Joe and Cory!! liked as kids.
- Treasuries that were all original material leading to mini-series.
- Did the 100 page Monster books from Marvel do well?
- The Greatest Comic Ever Printed
- Cory talks sales of trades and comics.
All of this, freaking and geeking, the usual shenanigans and the proverbial much, much more!!