Joe is still hiding out from the world, so Cory!! has to go through Previews, the monthly comics catalog, all on his own. He goes over the new series, trade paperbacks, hardcovers and more in this month’s catalog so YOU can order comics for October!
Monthly Archives: August 2022
It’s a special episode where Cory!! explains Copyright, Trademark, and Public Domain when it comes to old comics. What can you download and read Captain Marvel comics from the 40’s legally, but not Superman? Can you write your won Tarzan novel? How about Captain America?
All of this and much much more in this week’s episode!
Joe and Cory!! screwed up and didn’t get a new episode recorded, so it’s time for a Fill In! This is the second part of the Free Comic Book Day shenanigans with Cory!!, Joe, Butch and Kelly driving back to the Twin Cities from St. Cloud, MN as they talk comics, cheap paperback books and Kelly’s original art collection.
And they do NOT stop at the infamous Alien Cafe.
Be there, aloha!
This week, Joe and Cory!! were GOING to review comics, but the world got in the way. Harvey editor/writer Sid Jacobson passed away, and Cory!! talks about his career. This moves to a discussion of Harvey and Star comics as well as the rise and fall of that company.
They also discuss the state of San Diego Comic Con (spoiler, Cory!! is pissy about it).
Then, we get a discussion about what will be happening in WWE with Vince McMahon’s retirement.
They also discuss:
- -Joe finally got Covid and THEN got pink eye, so he’s a festering bag of disease.
- -Cory has ANOTHER job that has figured out how to twist his arm to cover more hours.
- -Even Joe has “mandatory overtime”
- -What was the First Star comic?
- -Did Marvel want to buy Harvey Comics? Why didn’t they?
- -Who the heck was Artie Awards?
- -Toy companies are repackaging to to stop weasels from ripping them off.