It’s lots of comics news and sales stuff on this week’s show as Joe and Cory!! don their podcasting hats this week. Thankfully, Joe’s podcasting hat is a cap and Cory!!’s is a Bowler. No top hats here, kids! They discuss the sales figures that dropped for the month of February, and dropped is the right word for it. They also discuss the recent column from Brian Hibbs about variant covers as to what sort of comic variants do well in the market.
This leads to a discussion of cover variants not just how they work in the market, but what ones they like to buy and if the market can continue without them!
Plus, the review the trade paperback of the new version of The Flintstones!
They also discuss:
- The passing of Chuck Barris, Skip Williamson and Bernie Wrightson
- How in the flaming blue hell does Valiant comics make money?
- How Douglas Paszkiewicz is selling off the pages for a comic that will never see print.
- Steve Ditko. We just talk a lot about Steve Ditko
- The economics of getting the more rare variant covers as a shop.
- They discuss artist Sorah Suhng and the fantastic art she draws on blank variant covers:
All of this, the usual shenanigans and the proverbial much, much more!