Cory sounds like he’s been smoking unfiltered Pall Malls in the back of a diner for two years, Joe has Con Crud, but the show must go on! Joe wraps up SpringCon/MSP ComiCon for 2017 and Cory!! listened patiently while looking for more information on Twin Peaks on the internet.
What the hell is up with creamed corn, anyway?
Oh. Wait. You don’t care about that.
Joe discusses the amount of money raised for charity at the Convention, as well as the people he talked with, the stuff he bought and all sorts of other MSP ComiCon news. THEN, they answer a question from Grant Balfour: Why has Captain Marvel been so resistant to adaptation since the 70’s.? They discuss the issues with the Original Captain Marvel, the different attempts and if DC can do a decent kid’s comic book series. They also discuss:
- Sultry Teenage Super Foxes. IT’S a COMIC BOOK…GEEZE, PEOPLE!~!!
- A discussion of the passing of Rich Buckler
- The relationship between creators and their creations when it comes to quirky characters
- The history of Violet in Peanuts
- Why DC honors Neil Gaiman’s requests and not Alan Moore’s
- The 1978 Silver Surfer graphic novel (Cory!! talks Kirby! SHOCKING!!)
- Joe has never watched Lost or Firefly and must be shunned.
- Why we should cut Al Milgrom some slack on his 80’s work.
All of this, the usual shenanigans and much, much more!