We start off this episode catching up on news of Joan Lee, Paul McCartney, and the news about Mile High Comics not going to San Diego Comic Con
Cory!!, is not impressed with Mile High’s way of handling it, which is ironic with him being retired from comic conventions. Don’t you think? They also discuss what to sell at Conventions in the modern market, how back issue sales have changed and Joe selling Action Comics #1 repints.
But, about a half hour in, they FINALLY start talking about the theme of the episode, the Defenders! They talk about the history of the series at Marvel and their personal histories with the different iterations of the series. They also talk about:
- Should racism from old comics and cartoons be kept intact?
- Joe talks about masturbating 2000 years ago
- Cory!! got a box for Hot Comics St Paul during the show
- How the Avengers/Defenders War came about
- They discuss some of their favorite Defender’s stories in the original run from the 70’s
- The different attempts to bring the series back.
All of this, the usual shenanigans and the proverbial much, much more!