Every year, the first Saturday of May, comic companies and shops participate in Free Comic Book Day. Special comics are printed to give away, shops have sales, and comic creators have appearances to promote comic books to the public. This week, Cory!! and Joe discuss how it works, what shops do to reach out to new readers, and what Joe would do if he still had a shop to take advantage of the promotion.
They also discuss:
- Joe gives a non-spoiler review of Avengers: Endgame.
- Cory!! gives an update on his second eye surgery.
- Joe goes over the opportunity he had an opportunity to buy a movie theater and why he didn’t.
- Is Free Comic Book Day still worth it for shops?
- At one point, Joe says pancreas instead of panacea. Please don’t correct him.
All of this, the usual shenanigans, and much, much more!
With the passing of Greg Theakston, here is the two part interview that Cory!! did with him: