ICV2.com has an article about how comic shops can combat buying on-line, and Joe takes over completely so that Cory!! can take a nap! Joe talks about how he set his store apart from other shops, first with vintage action figures and then becoming the destination for new action figure collectors. He then goes into thing he did to make his shop and experience, tricks of the trade and what a shop should be doing now to get a log up on competitors.
They also discuss:
- Joe has not gotten his DCBService box and is tracking it like he’s a kid watching NORAD’s Santa coverage.
- How both Cory!! and Joe would rush to make sure they got comics as soon as possible when they were younger.
- Bob Burden is selling his Canceled Comics Cavalcade, and Cory!! explains why that is a big deal.
- Joe wonders how he would have handled manga when it exploded in 2002.
- Why has there never been a comic shop chain?
- What is the #1 thing a shop can do can combat on-line shopping?
- Joe can’t understand why Cory!! would never want to own his own business.
All of this, the usual shenanigans and much, much more!