On ICV2.com, retailer Phil Boyle of Coliseum of Comics wrote an article about what he feels needs to change with the relationship between publishers and retailers in the comics business.
Joe and Cory!! go over his points and explain how the comics business is different than it used to, and how those changes affect comics shops and dealing with the new world of digital,. Trades, etc… They also discuss:
- Cory!! issues a correction
- Why the idea of comics of collectibles are a poor idea for running a business
- How comics should order new number one issues
- Why publishers put out so so many one shots and mini-series.
- Their feelings of special covers
- Joe talks a lot about spin-off mini-series.
- They have a LONG disagreement about how to use past sales date.
All of this, the usual shenanigans and much, much more!