After the massive 500th episode, we are not changing a damn thing, we’re gonna talk comics! This week, Joe and Cory!! go over stories they have heard about comics over the years that need clearing up and explaining, like:
Were Professor X and Magneto based on MLK Jr. and Malcolm X?
Were the Secret Wars toys successful?
Did the Super Powers toy line tie in with the Super Friends cartoon?
Dd Marvel vs DC kill the comic market in the 90’s?
- ** Warning: Joe eats an entire blueberry pie in this episode **
- Cory goes into the inspiration for Chris Claremont’s version of Magneto
- LOTS of toy talk from Joe, including how toys may have spoiled movie plot twists
- Joe goes into when comic distributors started selling toys and action figures?
- Cory gives his theory as to why comics sales collapsed in the 90’s.
- BEANIE BABY MADNESS!
- Cory tells the story of the 1949 Timely/Marvel layoffs
All of this, the usual shenanigans and much, much more!