We start this week’s episode with Joe reading a bunch of strange stuff off of the internet, maybe he’s trying to impress Dangerous Dan Mohr, our special guest to talk about This Year’s FallCon! It takes a bit to get on track, but when they do, they have a wide ranging discussion about the changing face of conventions starting with a creator’s wife talking about “Conventions are now a place where cosplayer’s take selfies”. They also discuss:
- What should retailers do at a conventions
- How do creators prepare for conventions
- Cory!! gets to mention “Wendy Whitebread, Undercover Slut”, the most offensive comic ever printed.
- How a comic creator can get people interested in their work at a convention.
- Why shops in Minneapolis don’t have a lot of high dollar books in stock
- The explosion of cosplay
- Why Cory!! and Joe are going to start going to Anime conventions (spoiler, it’s not for the women dressed like cats)
- Cory drops a Talking Heads reference!
- Dan tells artist to CONFORM!
- Freaking and Geeking
All of this, the usual shenanigans, a brief cameo by the most hated character is all of podcasting and the usual much, much more!