Cory and Joe start off the episode by introducing their new segment where Cory!! and Linden Palmer talk Anime and Manga. This leads to the reviews of comics that they have been sent to talk about, one of which is a new project called Octal (http://www.drivethrucomics.com/product/166649/Octal-Volume-1) which is a catalog of comics being pitched to publishers. When Jin Wicked FINALLY decides to join the show, they all talk about the idea as well as how comic creators are getting their ideas out into the world with or without publishers.
They also discuss:
- Andrew the Giant, Closer to Heaven is reviewed
- Joe read Andre the Giant Life and Legend instead.
- How Jin does it all herself without a publish and what ideas work best with that approach.
- A short interview with the publisher of Octal
- They talk the “30 cent variant comics” from the 70’s and how they came about.
- Where Marvel’s “Not Brand Ecch” came from
- Anniversaries all around!
All of this, the usual shenanigans and much, much more!