Our theme this week is Jumping the Shark! Joe and Cory!! talk about the term, and times when comics may have Jumped the Shark. They talk about a lot of other stuff as well, like:
- Joe and Cory!! talk about health, furnaces, and the other things they have been up to between podcasts.
- Sales figures for Dark Knight III,
- When did comics start declining?
- The end of the Golden Age
- What did Blockbuster do wrong that comic shops do right?
- How comic shops lost their minds over Marvel Mart
- The comics code
- Did Marvel jump when Kirby left?
- The darkening of Marvel with the death of Gwen Stacy
- When did the Bronze Age of comics start and end
- Was the rise of the direct market a Jump the Shark moment?
- They discuss the early Direct Sales Only comics from Marvel and DC
- Quesada and Jemas taking over Marvel
- Cory and Joe answer a reader question about Jack Kirby.
All of this, the usual shenanigans and much, much more!